LEVEL 2 - INTERMEDIATE CLASS
- 1 backpack
- 1 pair of good hiking boots (Please break these in prior to class or you will not have a pleasant time.)
- 1 good full tang knife with a 5.5 inch or less cutting surface (no Rambo knives please. If needed we can make recommendations.)
- 2-3 pair of socks and weather appropriate clothes
- 1 water container - stainless steel bottle with nesting cup. It must be non-insulated....that Yeti may explode.
- 1 Ferracium rod
- 1 lighter or pack of matches
- 1 magnifying glass
- 2 100% cotton bandanas
- 1 10'x10' or less tarp
- 6 tent stakes
- 100' of paracord or a roll of #36 tarred bankline
- 1 compass (You must be able to point and aim the compass and it must have degrees marked on it.)
- 1 journal and something to write with. Carpenters pencils work quite well, as do space pens.
- 1 headlamp with extra batteries and must have a red light setting
- A sleeping bag - whatever you plan to sleep in but keep current weather in mind
- ANY food and snacks you plan to eat. This means steak, bacon, or whatever. Keep in mind all meals are cooked over an open fire.
- We will provide drinking water but small coolers are welcome
- Bring any needed medications or first aid supplies for an outdoor environment. Sunscreen and lotion for poison ivy sometimes comes in handy.
- A folding chair
- Toilet paper and / or baby wipes. This is survival so "facilities" are primitive but there is an old school outhouse.
- You will be out here for the weekend and you are basically camping so bring enough to be comfortable.
- Firearms of any kind. If you have a CHL or carry in your vehicle that is fine but leave it there.
- Alcohol / Recreational Drugs
- Off Road Vehicles
- Animals - dogs, cats, monkeys, your pet llama, whatever....they should stay at home
- Campers / 5th Wheels - this is survival, not the KOA campground
- Shelter - Tent, hammock. You are building what you sleep in.
NOTE - Tobacco products are allowed but clean up after yourself and be respectful of others. We do n0t need a forest fire.
WEEKEND SCHEDULE - LEVEL 2
Camp Set Up 5:00 6:00
Intros 6:00 6:30
Dinner (Group discussion on dynamic survival priorities) 6:30 Until
Wake Up 7:00 7:30
Breakfast 7:30 8:15
First Aid (Refresher, Hot and Cold Related Conditions) 8:15 10:00
Break 1 10:00 10:30
Knots (Bowline, Lashings, Clove Hitch, Sheet Bend) 10:30 11:15
Shelter (Refresher, C-Shelter, Improvements, Body Temp Regulation) 11:15 12:15
Lunch 12:15 1:00
Fire (Bow Drill, Flint, Char, Wood Processing, Into To Hand Drill) 1:00 1:45
Land Nav (Obstructed Terrain, Hand Rails, Back Stops) 1:45 2:30
Break 2 2:30 3:00
Trapping (modern, deadfalls, snares) 3:00 4:00
Game Processing / Cooking 4:00 5:00
Dinner 5:00 6:00
Wake Up 7:30 8:00
Breakfast 8:00 8:45
Pack Up 8:45 9:15
Test 9:15 Until